Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm Back!

Okay who missed me? I'll take that silence as everyone. Well I missed yall too. I hope everyone had a lovely Xmas!

I really had to write up a storm the last couple of weeks. And while it might not be that much for a studious student, it was a hell of a lot for my lazy butt. Hah. (For the record it was about 12k words.)

Anyway, I finished everything just a couple of days ago and I'm looking forward to reading a good book or two, and watching a great NFL game or three. But I also have to deal with Law School applications. I'll be completing them ASAP.

Speaking of books, I've always been interested in learning more about graphic novels. It seems two of the powerhouses in the graphic novel venue are authors Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman. I've picked up two of the most celebrated graphic novels, Watchmen (by Moore) and The Sandman Series(by Gaiman). I've started Watchmen and I must say it is very interesting, compelling, engaging stuff. As a young'n I dabbled in superhero comic books, so it is refreshing to read Moore's noirish, deconstructed take on the superhero. That being said, Watchmen seems to be simply wonderful, top notch fiction, not something solely for comic book fans. I'll post a book review once I've completed it.

I know that Ffleur is a big graphic novel fan and expert, and she posts reviews of what she's reading from time to time. If anyone else is into graphic novels please comment or post a favorite of yours or something.

Anyway, continued Happy Holidays everyone! I understand everyone must be gearing up for New Year's Eve! Have a great one and stay safe folks! (designate a driver, call a taxi, or a sober friend, no matter how late!)

12 comments:

GetFlix said...

Welcome back!!

Diane said...

Welcome back! Ok, not to be dumb, but what is a "graphic" novel?

p.s. what law schools r u interested in?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Hey V!

Nice to see you back. Hope you had some good holidays. I hear you on applications. While I'm not applying to Law School (read: I'm way to lazy to go to law school) I need to get my University apps done and mailed ASAP. I've procrastinated all autumn.

My favourite graphic novels were Archie's. Although, I'm pretty sure those are just comic books. Still, they got me through some tough times in my childhood.

Anyway, Happy New Year! Mishy.

sage said...

Welcome back V! I'm not much into graphic novels... so maybe I'll keep up with them like I keep up with what's on TV from your blog!

PixieGaf said...

Welcome back! I hope your holidays went well. I read some good books over the winter break but unless you like horror or vampire novels I doubt you would really like any of the books I read.

LA said...

Ahh, nice to see you back. Happy 2007 to you!

Ryan said...

Welcome back V. It is nice to see that you survived. I hope that 2007 brings you good health and happiness. Thanks for posting the Regina Spektor video on your page. I come at least once a day to view it.

PixieGaf said...

Happy New Year V!

sage said...

V, May 2007 be good to you!

Diane said...

Happy New Year, V!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm a day late, but happy new year!

yll said...

Happy New Year!