Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Still AWOL

So I thought I'd quickly post something. It has been 14 days of no blogging whatsoever. I didn't think I would make it. Actually, the plan was no blogging until the semester ended on the 22nd. So I guess I sorta didn't make it. Whatever.

Anyway, I'm going back into blog hibernation. I still have another paper and a take-home exam to deal with. And then I'll return to finishing my original paper. If anyone wants to handle one of these papers for me, that would be swell. Plus I can pay you. Like 5 bucks.

But I'd like to leave you with two of the greatest songs in the history of the universe. Or something like that. The first is "Fidelity" by Regina Spektor.



The second is "One Step Closer To You" by Michael Franti featuring, of all people, Pink. To hear this song head on over to Franti's myspace page and wait for the myspace player to load it.

And just in case I'm tied up or praying to the term paper Gods, I'd like to wish everyone a very special Xmas and a merry New Year's! And designate a driver and stay safe folks! Happy Holidays!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey V. It's Mishy.

First, Blogger Beta sucks and it won't log me in to anyone's beta blog. I'm not loving it which is why I'm avoiding switching. I'm forced to blog anonymously

That Regina Spektor video is hot stuff. I covet her shoes!

I'd write a paper or two for you if I had any basis of knowledge on the topics. I hear it's not plagiarism if it crosses international borders. Plus, five AMERICAN dollars could finish up all my christmas shopping with a little extra to go towards my retirement plan.

Happy schooling V. Is this grad school?

Anonymous said...

yeah, beta seems to have gone back to creating problems... Or maybe they just want me to update.

Good luck with getting the rest of your work done!

Sage

v said...

Sorry folks about the commenting problems and thanks for being troopers and using the anonymous feature.

Mishy - Thanks for having my back on the paper thing. I'll totally take a LSAT exam for you homie! No, it's not grad school it's actually regular college. And my current applications are for law school. I'm going to be an old man when I finally finish school, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Sage - Yeah, I think they want everyone to update, and thereby create a Google account. I like the things Google has done but basically coercing blogger users to create a Google account (Gmail, etc) is over the line.

Diane said...

v - glad to see you're still alive! good luck with finals and your term papers, and happy holidays!

Ryan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE REGINA SPEKTOR CD.
THIS VIDEO IS BANGIN'.

norm said...

Norms wishes you a super holiday, V!!

PixieGaf said...

Hi V I tried to comment earlier but it did not let me. I hope you got good grades on all of your exams.

Jay said...

Two thumbs up for Franti and Pink. As for Regina Spektor? Ugh. I'll admit that she's cute, but the song bothers me. The noises she makes during the chorus remind me of Aaron Neville.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Merry Christmas, V!

sage said...

hey V, you coming back into the fold anytime soon? You should post some of your papers! have a great holiday.

PixieGaf said...

Merry Christmas V!