Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Vids

First, my apologies for not posting in the last 10 days. Things have been hectic. Plus I've just sprained a shoulder/back muscle. So I'll have to phone this post in by simply linking to more internet vids. I learned of the first two vids from Slate's new video site: Slate V.

Perhaps some of you have already seen this, but Obama Girl is back and this time she and her crew are throwing down (bubble pop style) against the Giuliani Girls.



Next we have the best impressionist on the web, Piotr. I must admit, this guy is pretty good. I believe he's really big on YouTube and has a few clips. In this clip he does Gandalf, Doc Brown, Han Solo, Stan Lee, Don Pardo, Patrick Stewart, Emperor Palpatine, and Jim Carrey. The cool twist is that he impersonates them as though they were answering for an advice column.



This last one is really more shocking than funny. I still don't want to believe it but if it is true, it really illustrates a major problem of our "modern" society. I'll say no more. The entire clip is John Krasinski's (From NBC's "The Office") interview on Conan. But what I'm specifically talking about is a story he tells that starts at 1:16.

10 comments:

Ryan said...

I'd jump out of the driver's seat of a truck filled with babies if I saw Macho Man Randy Savage on the street.

yll said...

AHGH! This is horrible. It's Thurs morn, & I can't believe I have to wait til I get home tonight to see these links. Esp the last one w/ Conan. I saw Krasinski on Letterman, & nothing of note happened there. Figures.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ok, in my defence, I was really shocked when I saw George Clooney and he was looking particularly dreamy the day I did that. Plus, I was only babysitting Britney's kids that day, so they were totally accustomed to that type of role-model behaviour. I don't get what the big deal is!

John Krasinski cracks me up.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh, also, I hope your shoulder/back feels better soon, V!

Diane said...

ok, i could only get part of Conan to play, I"ll try again later but I heart John!

feel better, v!

Jenny said...

Thank you for posting through your shoulder pain.

LA said...

You baby that shoulder, V. Shoulder pain sucks, and shoulder surgery is a freaking nightmare.

I, too, heart John Kraskinski. He's making the "regular guy" sexy again. Damned refreshing, if you ask me.

D.O.M. Dan said...

It's been a few days since I've had time to catch up on reading my favorite blogs. Sorry to hear about your shoulder - hope you're feeling better. I was having trouble getting the Obama Girl video to play, but what I saw looked funny.

Ryan said...

V - I hope that you feel better soon. Shoulder pain is nasty!

LA - John Kraskinski is pure sex. It is refreshing to see the return of the sexy regular guy.

Princess in Galoshes said...

Hey V, sorry to hear about the shoulder? What happened?

Also, I didn't like The Office. I thought it was more painful than funny. Then my darling fiance bought the entire first two seasons on DVD, and now I am SO OVER the whole Jim/Pam will they/won't they thing and WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GET TOGETHER AND MAKE PRETTY PAMJIM BABIES ALREADY?

Stupid show.