Sunday, July 08, 2007

Obama-mania

Last Monday it was announced that Barack Obama raised a whopping $32.5 million dollars in the second quarter. I understand that Obama is a charismatic and engaging public speaker, but I think I know the real reason he raised so much money, he's the subject of a hit ballad:

(**Poster's Note: The following are internet vids which tend to be a little raunchier than regular tv. This is still basically PG-13, but for anyone who wouldn't watch a hip-hop video at work, perhaps it will be best to watch this at home.)

"I Got a Crush on Obama" by Obama Girl


The hot model in the video is actually lip-syncing and not the actual singer. If the singer's voice sounds familiar you probably heard it on the spoof music vid "My Box in a Box". Which is of course an internet vid reply/homage to the SNL "My D$%K in a Box" spoof vid.

Anyway, the singer's name is Leah Kauffman and she can really sing (which makes both spoof vids so great). For those curious, here's an interview of her (and lip-sync model from "My Box in a Box") on Keith Olberman's MSNBC show. Anyway, I hope Kauffman puts out an entire album.

16 comments:

Diane said...

I love it!!!!!

Jay said...

You only say that because an album for her would just be a pit stop to posing in Playboy. I'm with ya.

Ryan said...

He reminds me of Guy Smiley and it weirds me out.

Jenny said...

Funny, funny.

sage said...

You come up with the neatest things!

Kelly said...

hilarious. Now, if only Hilary could have a hunky guy in a video...hehehehe

GetFlix said...

She would make a great intern.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Obama is a sexy older man. I see where this girl is coming from. :)

LA said...

Mish, it's funny, I don't consider Obama an "older" man. In fact, I think he's the youngest candidate running!

v said...

Diane - Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Portland - Actually the hot model in the video is lip-syncing. The actual singer is a young lady named Leah Kauffman. I think Kauffman has a great voice.

Ryan - Wow, I actually had to look up Guy Smiley. My Sesame Street knowledge is weak. :(

Anon Boxer - Thanks for stopping by!

Sage - Glad you liked the post!

Getflix - Ha!

Mishy - So does this mean we can expect an Obama ballad vid from Mishy girl?

LA - Obama is 45. Young for a presidential contender but still like twice Mishy's age, lol.

LA said...

V - Barak only has a year on me, so it's startling to hear him described as old.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

LA: Not old! Just outside my dating age bracket (I top out at 29 right now).

He's only 45? Humm... I would have guessed him to be in his very early 50's. Probably just the age I assign to people who might be the president of a country.

v said...

LA - Ha! I was actually agreeing with you LA, but in a round about manner. Barack is young (as are you), it's just that Mishy is the baby of our blog circle as she's in her early twenties (we're all older than her).

Mish - 29 huh? So is there some type of formula you ladies use to get this number?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I don't have a dating age formula. I'm just looking for someone who is more or less in the same stage of life as I am. 29 isn't set in stone, it's more or less a guideline, ya know?

LA said...

V - I know, I was just being a little cheeky.

BTW, I've always used the formula +/-5 years my age. Naturally, I've strayed (in both directions).

M-M-M-Mishy said...

La: That sounds about right, although -5 years would but me at about 19, and I don't have the patience for that! :)