Friday, April 06, 2007

Music Post Numero Uno

You may find the title to this post a bit strange. But it is not. Because this post will be followed by Music Post Numero Dos which will say a good deal about me, in a strange way, actually I'm a little embarrassed about it, but I won't chicken out and not post it. In any case, on with this post.

I just want to give a blog shout out (blog out?) (and is "shout out" still in contemporary vocabulary?) (and can I just string along parenthetical statements one after the other?) to two good songs.

The first song is a wonderful pop-folk paean to life. The song is "Blessed" by Brett Dennen. In order to hear it, visit Dennen's myspace page and select the song. Dennen also has a bunch of youtube vids, but none are of Blessed. Also, for anyone interested, here's a link to the lyrics of the song.

I do have the YouTube vid for the second amazing song. It's "Galileo" by the Indigo Girls. This is simply a cool song, check out the lyrics here. I do wish the chorus was little stronger, but perhaps I'm nitpicking. And in any case, I'm glad I have an Indigo Girls song I can name-drop to look coolly sensitive (which I am) and at the same time give me indie-cred. Fly honeys Empowered feminists, be on the look out for me.

13 comments:

GetFlix said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish a Happy Holiday weekend.

LA said...

Nice picks, V.

sage said...

Now you're going to open my ears to new music! Have a great weekend.

sage said...

I like them both

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I don't know about "shout out", but I'm pretty sure that "fly honeys" isn't still in contemporary vocabulary... Hahahah...

I really like the first song... But you know what? I've never really been an Indego Girls fan. Go figure.

So when is the second music post due?

Oh, and happy easter. Any holiday plans?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

As you can see, I'm obviously not a fan of the "Indigo" girls.

Diane said...

Thanks for the new music! And just remember, empowered feminists and fly honeys are not necessarily mutually exclusive

Diane said...

p.s. I totally agree that this week's 30 Rock and the Office were off the charts!

(Will Arnett in that short, short, short robe? How could you not love it?)

ffleur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ffleur said...

I have "Galileo" on my ipod. Its a good song. Notice the reference to school? "I spent 4 years prostrate to the higher minds, got my paper and I was free" Thought you would relate to that.

yll said...

You should also check out the Troubadours of Divine Bliss. They're one of my faves.

Terrible lie said...

Not my cup of tea really..Although I do have soft spots when it comes to music..They are a select few though

PixieGaf said...

Hi V! I just dropped by to see how you are doing. Indigo Girls rock btw!