Thursday, June 07, 2007

The NBA Finals

I know for many blog neighbors, basketball isn't exactly your thing. So check out this stellar anti-Hummer H2 website that was recommended by the fabulous Princess in Galoshes (and check out her blog as well, it's a bundle of wit, fun, and, um, sinister high maintenance cats).

The NBA season is coming to a close. The San Antonio Spurs will battle the Cleveland Cavaliers for the NBA Championship. To show my basketball acumen, I picked neither team to make the finals. Hooray. Basically I underestimated LeBron James (something I will not do again) and I picked the underdog Utah Jazz because the Spurs have a tainted season after suspension-gate. So, clearly, I'm going to pick the Cavs in 6. Yeah, the Spurs are the smart pick, they have the experience, the dominant big man, the star supporting players, and they play great defense. But the Cavs have LeBron James which means the Spurs are definitely going to have their hands full. The Cavs are also a bit underrated. They play decent defense themselves, and are an excellent rebounding team. And in the rise of rookie Daniel Gibson they seem to have filled out a solid cast of supporting players as well. How well Larry Hughes (and Gibson to an extent) guard Tony Parker will be a major factor. I think Hughes (if healthy) is up to the task. I'm not sure who will guard Manu Ginobli, but if need be, I think LeBron will slow him down. This is definitely going to be a long series in my opinion. I think (and hope) the Cavs have just enough to win this battle. In any case, it looks to be a very exciting series and with LeBron making his finals debut, a lot of people are going to watch.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Dude - I have not been into the NBA playoffs at all, but I'm gonna second your choice of the Lebron and the Lebronnettes.

p.s. love the Princess' blog!

ffleur said...

You could write a sports column V. Or do you already?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I agree with Ffleur. Even though I have no interest in basketball, I still read all your posts. Sometimes, in social gatherings I can remember some of what you write and can then make contributions to basketball-related converstations. Even though I have no idea what it is I'm saying. So, thanks!

yll said...

I'm thinking the Cavs in 6 too. I figured we wouldn't get last nights game, w/ us being in hostile territory. I think we'll get Sunday's game def. Then, we'll get the next 2 outta 3 after that. & we'll get the 6th game. So, 4-2, Cavs! GO CLEVELAND!! WOO-HOO!

Jenny said...

I understand NONE of this and yet.... I enjoyed reading it.

now to go check out some cats.....

LA said...

How 'bout them Ducks?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

LA: Not cool, yo. Not cool... I'm still in mourning over the dimise of the Senator's cup chances.