Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Why ABC Sucks

The super geniuses (genii? no, that can't be right) at ABC have unveiled their Fall Lineup. Now, I'm a little biased because I think H-wood is filled with crappola that make crappola. But let me point a couple things in ABC's Fall Lineup and you decide.

Am I the only person that saw Sons & Daughters? This show was like the funniest thing on network television. It had an amazing cast (much of the show was improvised) and the stories about family life were sincere without being overly sentimental. And did I mention it was HIGH-LAR-I-OUS? Anyway, the brain trust at ABC decided not to pick up the sitcom. The show actually had decent audience numbers and was only a mid-season offering. Had they renewed it, I'm sure it would have added viewers. ABC did pick up What About Brian? Now I haven't seen this show but it looks lame. And I bet Sons & Daughters would open up a can of whoop ass on it.

ABC also moved Grey's Anatomy to Thursdays at 9pm. That's up against CSI. NBC is going with a Matthew Perry drama/comedy/something in that time slot as well. Now GA is a pretty decent show with a steady audience on Sundays at 10pm. I guess ABC feels GA can take on CSI head to head. I'm not so sure. CSI is like Law & Order circa 2000 ... unstoppable (though I'm like the only person in the world who hasn't seen an episode of CSI, ever). But who knows, maybe GA will make inroads against CSI. I doubt it however. Most likely it will start decent (if not strong) but steadily decline. However, ABC will just return it back to its Sunday timeslot.

And speaking of GA. I'm sorry ladies but I think I've had enough of Meredith and Shepherd. I mean either get together or don't. Whatever. And the other plot lines are entertaining enough.

5 comments:

GetFlix said...

Before I even had a chance to catch S & Ds they pulled it!! It looked funny, but ran only 2 shows?? I am thinking they really didn't want it to work.

With Grey's A. Hmmmm. I am thinking it might actually dethrone CSi. The problem is, do they have anything else? Even ABC's Desperate Housewifes seems to be slipping. It must be tough for ABC to start a season with only one hit.

But NBC is still the network with even less. (Although The Office is really good.)

0000 said...

I was so upset when I learned that S&D was axed. Of course, I figured as much when they inexplicably stopped showing it some weeks ago. The show was intelligent, witty, and at times quite touching! Shame.

I have faith that GA can sustain it's viewership. At least let's hope so.

I also agree that DH jumped the shark quite a while ago.

Unknown said...

I've seen a couple episodes of CSI. You're not missing much.

yll said...

I've never seen an episode of CSI. & I do think they'll lose GA viewers w/ the move. They moved Alias from Sunday night to a weeknight & lost about 20% of their viewership (real word?).

It makes no diff to me, I tape it anyway. I don't watch any tv at it's regularly scheduled time. (Damn the Man! Save the Empire!)

LA said...

I'm a lady, and I can't stand Meredith and Shepard together.