Thursday, January 26, 2006

Book Club Update

The Sage-Man has a new book review on Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry. Another great review, and the introduction to Berry's fiction is very interesting (personally speaking). I understand working the land cannot be all joy and a breeze, but I still wonder what it would be like ... out in quiet, open spaces.

But who wants to deal with a large, extended family? Family can be a pain at times. Am I right folks? Am I ... is this thing on? ::tap, tap::

And here's a recap of the short story links:

The 5:22 by George Harrar
The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gillman (the Idle's pick)
Chickamauga by Ambrose Bierce

If you have a book review post please leave a comment so I can link to it. If you have a short story recommendation please do likewise.

3 comments:

0000 said...

Do you have links to other short stories available online? I enjoyed both selections and it makes the time go by!

And then we have more to discuss!

;o)

Kat in da Hat said...

Good pick Idle and tg8. Yellow Wallpaper rocks.

I can (sadly, I guess) identify...

Ryan said...

These were great.

I don't think i've read short stories since I've been in school and thanks to you I'm sorry for this.

Keep em comin!