Friday, January 27, 2006

I have a weird name

I have like the weirdest name. My first name is Viral. While it is spelled like the word that comes from virus, thankfully it is pronounced different. It basically sounds like a pronounciation of virile ("Veer-ul"). My last name is a common english first name. It starts with a D. So not only do I have a strange name, but my initials are VD.

After 27 years I'm pretty used to the weirdness of my name. Sometimes I wish the people that were in charge of transcribing East-Indian names into the english alphabet could have looked in a dictionary and went with Virul instead or something (Veeral is actually an alternative spelling I've seen people with). But having a name that's different is pretty cool. Yeah, maybe I'd change the spelling but for someone who enjoys being different ... it's not a bad name to have.

fin.

8 comments:

0000 said...

Oh, it doesn't count if you are of a different heritage. And besides, weird is relative.

I bet your east-Indian relatives back in the day were like, "Yeah, so we're finally moving to America. I bought the plane ticket from a travel agent named Bob. BOB! HAHA! What a dorkwad! Bob. Bob. Bob....hehehe..." And fell off their seats laughing about it.

My dad's middle name is English: Hannay.

Yeah.

Oh, and also, just last night my bf told me he used to know a girl named, wait for it....Cockalina. Swear to God.

So, you got nothin to worry about, Viral. And don't fool us with your "common english last name crap," we all know its Dingleberry.

Fin.

v said...

"Dingleberry" -- lol.

Ryan said...

Viral is still light years better than Sherman or any of the "bert" family of names (Herbert, Philbert, Dilbert, Bertbert).

I like Viral. It gives you mad flava.

But not as much flava as this girl I knew named....brace yourself..... Bonequeesha

v said...

Welcome back to the 2014 Grammy Awards. Now, the award for Album of the Year goes to ...

Bonequeesha Dingleberry.

Seriously, think about. Idle, you must have musical talents. Ryan and I can be your backup dancers/eye candy.

Think about it.

Marcia said...

One of my friends once knew a girl who named her daughter "Superior Supreme".... Now you KNOW that little girl was a crack addict before she was 5. No one with a name like that can succeed.

Just like that girl named Chastity that I went to high school with... yeah, we all called her "Tity" and she was a huge whore.

yll said...

It's cool you told us your name. My name's a little diff too, but I love it. I went to school w/ a Chastity too, and she was a slut. I think that happens w/ all "Chastity"s.

Idle's right about other's probably laughing at "Bob"; cause my parents are always cracking up when they hear how some American words or names are said.

Anonymous said...

It's like girls named Chastity are really, really into irony.

And I finally know your real name!

Cockalina and Bonequeesha. Wow.

v said...

thanks everyone for the kind words.

yall know how to make a boy feel special.

::sniffle::

seriously though, thanks.