Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hug it out!

So one Jeremy Piven, aka the Pivert, recently led Wrigley Field in a rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" in somewhat controversial fashion. Defamer has the lowdown here.

And here's some more background. The Cubs have had a less than stellar season so far. It's actually a big disappointed due in part to major injuries just before the start of the season. The Pivster is a native Chicagoan who's been a longtime Cubs fan.

I basically find this pretty hilarious and good natured. I mean it is crass to be so attached to a catch phrase that you can't go 5 seconds without saying it, but in my opinion he was trying to be jovial and knew how disappointed Cubs fan were with the season.

Anyway, the next time you're with friends and things seem gloomy, I think you know what to say.

2 comments:

sage said...

I didn't catch this, but then I was on the road. However, if I had kids with me, I don't think I would have liked his choice of words. As for who he is, I have no idea as I don't watch or read much about TV shows and don't have expanded cable.

yll said...

I don't have any cable, & don't watch much tv. Although I do love Jeremy Piven (can I call him the Pivster too?).

I did know that this was his new "line"; but I think that profanity is becoming a bit more mainstream. It's very acceptable; none of Chicago was offended. I'm not offended by it.

In a way, it's cool that we're all so much more open & expressing ourselves more. But in another way, I feel a like today's kids are getting 'jipped' out of the innocent childhood that I had. Sorry for the long comment.