Saturday, January 20, 2007

NFL Playoff Picks

I'm going with the Saints over the Bears. I guess it will be cold as hell in Chicago but everyone will be sending the Saints warm thoughts. The Saints offense is simply too versatile and strong for the good, but depleted Bears defense. And the underrated Saints defense will put enough pressure on the Rexy one. Though, the Saints defense seems to give up the big play which is Rexy's specialty. In any case, Saints over the Bears 31-24.

In the late game I'm going with Colts over the Pats. This is mainly because of my pro-Colts and anti-Pats bias. I mean seriously, it's about time Dungy, Harrison, and LaserRocketArm got to the playoffs. And it's about time the Dynastic Pats lost a game (especially after that partial gimme by lady luck against the Chargers). But there's a bit of analysis in my pick as well. Nobody really knows how, (perhaps by adding the Bob Sanders coefficient into the cover-2 formula) but the Colts defense has recently become spectacular. Especially stopping the run. However, this means for the Pats the game will be in Brady's hands. Unfortunately, the Golden Boy hasn't been so shiny recently. And the Colts secondary may step up as well. In any case, Colts over the Pats 24-21.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

9 comments:

GetFlix said...

The Patriots are playing the Colts tomorrow!! It's gonna be big!

Diane said...

I'm actualy hoping that a giant chasm opens up during the AFC game and swallows up both the Colts and Pats, and they just declare the winner of the NFC game the 2006 champion.

Signed, a bitter Chargers fan.

sage said...

Okay, the Bears in the Superbowl!

Ryan said...

You were pretty much dead on in your pick for the Colts/Pats game. It is a shame because I wanted to see Tom Brady for one last weekend. He is dreamy. K, back to pretending to be straight. Da Bears in the Super Bowl?!? Good Lord it has been like 20 years since they have been to the big dance, so I have decided to will root for them since the Cowboys, yet again, are not in the Super Bowl.

LA said...

Does anyone remember the Bears' "shuffling crew?"

GetFlix said...

It was an exceptionally entertaining game, and I wasn't upset with the Pats loss so much as my open distain for Manning. He is in 2-3 commercials every NFL Sunday and it irritates me.
(phones, televisions, etc.)

With that said, I am so happy the Bears are playing them. Go Bears!!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Go team!

Yep, that's all I got.

LA said...

I used to live in Chicago, so I gotta cheer for the Bears.

Diane said...

I'd like to see Peyton's rep as a choker in the play-offs continue, so go Bears!