Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Future is Rama

That's right folks. The quirky, funny animated sitcom FUTURAMA will return next year for at least 13 episodes on Comedy Central.

I think FUTURAMA definitely had its highs and lows but overall was a stellar comedy with a fantastic visual style. Towards the end of the first run of the show I remember some extremely memorable episodes such as one in which Bender became a planet for a civilization, and another in which Fry saved the universe from the Brains and their supercomputer, with a little help from the Nibbler people. So it is good news that the animated series will return. Any other FUTURAMA fans out there?

6 comments:

LA said...

I remember the ads, but I never saw it. I can't be any worse than The Naked Trucker and T-Bone.

PixieGaf said...

Thanks V this has made my day! LA if you like the Simpsons there is a good chance you will like this show.

I always wanted Fry and Leela to hook-up maybe know they can!

Diane said...

Is this the one where the Katey Sagal voices the one eyed hot babe? if it is, it is pretty funny

sage said...

I'll have to look for it, Comedy Central is one channel I occassional watch. Thanks

Princess in Galoshes said...

Personally, I think Invader Zim kicks Futurama's ass. But Futurama is decent, too. Just given the choice, I'd go for Gir any day of the week.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Wasn't this show cancelled and brought back? I did like it when it first came out and then it disappeared. I don't do well when my television programs move around on me.

I watched An Inconvenient Truth the other day and there was a funny Futurama clip in it.