Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm fat. And the NCAA Tourney.

I'll start with the good news. My bracket is looking very, very sharp. Thanks to UCLA and Ohio State (the team of destiny), I'm 2 for 2 in my final four. I picked 6 out of the Elite 8 and would have 7 if the stellar Acie Law didn't run into some bad luck. In any case only Diane is still reading this paragraph and so I say, Diane, it seems many are unhappy with this year's tourney due to the lack of crazy (or any major) upsets. I'm much more of an NBA fan, but I've found the games enjoyable and I'm pretty happy with this year's tourney, though much of this might have to do with having picked a stellar bracket, lol. Anyway, I hope your bracket is doing well too.

And Sage, I'm sorry to have to say this, but your beloved UNC will fall to G-town
today.

Now the bad news. Late last year I decided to get back into shape. I was able to stay on my exercise regimen for a couple months, and stayed on my healthy, low-calorie diet even longer. Unfortunately, I've abandoned both for a month or two. I've gained weight (like 10 lbs), but it is actually worse than that because I've gained fat and lost muscle. And because I'm one of the lucky people whose problem area is their belly, the fat has concentrated there. But, there's a silver lining, I simply can't stand being a skinny guy with a belly. I mean if I'm unlucky enough to not have any muscles, at least help me out with a flat stomach. Am I right people? Unfortunately my DNA code doesn't seem to agree. So I've restarted my exercise program and I've started to watch what I eat (I will gradually return to my former caloric intake). Anyway, more about this in my next post.

7 comments:

Diane said...

I have Fla, UCLA and Ohio, so I'm 3/4 - I had Washington State as my 4th - but they lost to Vandy. I have Fla to win it all, but admit I picked UCLA first, then whited it out and picke Fla - thereby guaranteeing a championship for UCLA

I think a few upsets are fun, otherwise, everyone can just pick the higher seeded team in every case

I started out the year on a pretty good diet/exercise regimen but have been slacking off myself - hope to get back on track this week myself

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm finding myself getting out of my winter depression and starting to eat better and work out more. I'd like to lose at least a dress size. I'm trying to stay on track, but my motovation is on and off. There are many days I'd rather lay around the house and eat cheeseburgers. Like you, I gain all my weight in my tummy, which blows.

Oh, and blah blah basketball, blah blah NBA, blah blah go team. That's about the best I can do on the subject. Good luck to who ever you're rooting for!

GetFlix said...

I am lucky being fairly slender, but I do have a bit of middle going on. Some friends want to have me over to check out their hot tub and I am feeling a bit wary.

sage said...

Thanks for your prediction V. I am in shock! I know that somehow I'm to blame for Carolina's loss

As for exercise, the best motivator to get to the gym is having a good book in my ipod. It works well for all exercises, except for swimming. Another reason is that my gym is only a close by--I almost always walk. I tend to be fairly faithful (at least 3x a week and generally 4-5), but I never lose weight. However, I stay in shape enough to do the things I enjoy.

NY KAT said...

Go Buckeyes!!!

I definitely know how you feel about the whole weight issue. You'll be happy to know that I've been working out and eating healthy and the weight is coming off.

Good luck!

LA said...

Two words: Go Bruins!

v said...

I am in love Ffleur. Unfortunately I'm in love with Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls. ;(