Monday, March 06, 2006

An Oscar Post

I'm a bit of a film snob so I haven't watched the Oscars in like years, but with the super-high-larious Jon Stewart hosting ... I had to catch this year's. Anyway, Jon Stew was on point and as long as he's hosting ... I'll probably watch. The attack ads with Stephen Colbert's great voiceover work were insanely funny.

As for the films, I haven't seen any of them (I've seen BATMAN BEGINS which was nominated for one award I think). I, like most I believe, thought Brokeback would be a shoe-in (especially after Ang Lee won for best director). I like to joke around that H-wood will soon be run by women and gays (which in a way it should since they're far more interested in a good film than the population as a whole). But I guess I forgot to calculate how many Angelinos reside in H-wood. Yeah, this is a bit cynical from me and I should probably view both films before talking trash ... but I need an Oscar post so this will do.

Glad to see Phillip Seymour Hoffman win as well as the lovely Rachel Weisz (I really need to see that Le Carre film).

Was it just me or did Jessica Alba look kinda scary thin? Like so thin her boobs shrunk a little?

7 comments:

Marcia said...

yeah, alba's boobs were shrunken, and although the top of her dress was gorgeous, the bottom with that white applique was fugly. But Jennifer Garner made up for the shrunken Alba boobs with HUGE nursing boobs.

I swear when I have kids, I'm going to nurse them for about 25 years just to get the boobs.

0000 said...

I think that is the benchmark for women losing weight. If we acctually can shed the pounds, we're happy to do so until the boobs start to go. Then the deals off, man.

Virenda said...

Um, Jessica Ass-ba looked hot as usual and if you didn't think so, I may be in love. LOL.

Um Philip Seymour is amazing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jon Stewart, he makes me happy.


Marcia after nursing, your boobs look like SHIT. Trust me on this. Not that you know,you shouldn't nurse, cause I'm down for that, but save up some money for a breat lift for a couple years after child rearing. ~wink~

It is SAGE advice.

Jay said...

Alba is tired of being considered an object, so she's trying to lower her sex appeal. I heard in her next film she's going to look all haggard and have a scat scene with Billy Bob Thornton. That should do the trick.

0000 said...

Scat scene? As in scatting in the annoying jazzy sense? Or some euphamism that could only describe the depravity of any sexual act involving Billy Bob Thornton?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I laughed out loud (but not LOL'd; I never LOL) at Blog Portland's comment. And the Idle Receptionists. I'm now picturing Alba and Thornton snapping their fingers and scatting a little ditty. Thanks for the laughs, guys! (And hey, it's definitely better than picturing the other kind of scat scene.)

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile in Indonesia, especially in Java, leech oil is commonly used for enlarging the sizegenetics found in a male vital organ. It is really believed that massaging your penis using warm leech oil for around 10 minutes daily will increase penis sizegenetics permanently. Leech oil is made by cooking the leech and other herbs inside fresh green coconuts that are boiled over charcoals. While there are plenty of versions of leeches (the majority of them don't feed on human's blood, surprisingly), similar to Greek and Indian therapy, the Javanese only use the Hirudo medicinalis over other species.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/