Thursday, March 23, 2006

Time to Un-Pimp Your Auto

I dislike commercials for many reasons. First, they sell crap I don't need. Second, they do so in a (usually) annoying way. Third, they're too numerous --- PBS does fine with barely any commercials (or none if you want to call them sponsor notifications).

However, once in a blue moon a commerical will appear that's actually entertaining. A commercial like the recent VW "Time to Un-Pimp Your Auto" spots. If you haven't seen these ads you are missing out on insane hilarity. To view the commercials online check out this link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0I0WfnhVs2s


Nonetheless, as much as I want to give VW credit I also want to give them a swift kick in the nads for their super-crappy "make friends with your fast" commercials.

3 comments:

Virenda said...

LMAO.

Okay I LOVED this commerical when I first saw it and they are still pretty cool. I also like the gum commericals that are similar, Orbitz I think.

I have DVR (moxie) so usually if I DO watch TV I fortunately DON'T have to watch commericals. Yeah for me. ~grin~

0000 said...

Am I the only one that wants to go back to the Da-da-da commercials?

Christopher said...

those commercials suck. it was funny at first, but someone would kick someone's *ss for switching a f*ck*d up WV for a cool ride. i know i would.