Sunday, May 06, 2007

Brady's Day Out

By now, most (if not all) of you have seen this. It is a photograph of one Tom Brady wearing a Yankees hat as he walks around with my future wife Gisele Bundchen. Anyway, if you haven't heard, the crazy people up in Boston nearly lost their collective minds to see their golden boy sporting a Yankees cap. Now I'm a long time Yankees fan so, yes, I am biased, but Tom Brady should be able to wear whatever hat he chooses. Was it a poor choice by Brady? Oh yeah. But he was in New York and who knows, maybe he's buddies with Jeter or A-Rod or something.

What he shouldn't be allowed to wear and definitely is a poor choice is the damn man purse!?!?! I mean how is this not the main story. And there is no ambiguity here, it is a "murse" that Brady is sporting. Hey Brady, can't go the whole day without your hair gel and make-up?

I read something kind of random that stated one of Brady's purported reasons for wearing the Yankees hat was to blend in and hide from photographers. Well what's the reason for the murse? To hide from heterosexual women?

Now I'm a very open-minded person and if a guy wants to carry a purse, more power to him. But let's get one thing clear, there's no way the man purse actually looks good. And I'm sure every metrosexual in Europe has one, but c'mon, doesn't a sleek back or shoulder pack look so much better? I mean check out Brady in the photograph. He's wearing shorts and sneakers! A nice columbia sportswear or timberland pack would fashionably accentuate his look here. Am I right people? I am.


[image sources: INF Daily and Just Jared]

14 comments:

sage said...

he should just say he was an undercover scout while in NYC... of course, as a Southerner, I've always considered a Yankee hat distasteful (sorry V, sometimes the truth hurts, but hopefully no hard feelings).

NY KAT said...

I agree with the man purse!

I don't think that Brady should be wearing a Yankees hat, it's a disgrace to all Yankee fans!!! Boston is the enemy after all..

GetFlix said...

It's sorta like berets. They don't look good on anybody. Even the French guys that are supposed to wear them!!

Oh and throw in sandals. Men should not wear sandals.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Man, I'm a loser. So I heard about how people were upset that he was wearing a Yankee's hat, and I was all "So? What's the big deal? Dude doesn't even play baseball!" Sometimes, I wonder if I'll have the wherewithall to survive in the wild.

I was thinking that it may be a "murse" (love the name) but then I was looking closer at the pictures. It could be possible that he's just holding Gisele's purse like a nice boyfriend. Finding a guy who is secure enough to hold my purse, even just while I tie my shoes, is high on my priority list. Apparently they are few and far between... If this is the case, Tom Brady may be the perfect man... You know, minus the whole knocking up his ex while parading his new girl around town part of the story.

LA said...

You're right, V.

Diane said...

You are dead on, V.

yll said...

Getflix- "It's sorta like berets. They don't look good on anybody."

...Do you mean the purse or the Yankees hat?

PixieGaf said...

Haha I love the fact that he is confident enough to carry a man purse. But seriously the guy is a total scumbag.

GetFlix said...

Yllwdaiseys, being a Red Sox fan, I guess I mean both!!

v said...

Sage - Admit it Sage, you're dislike for the Yankees also stems from being a Tigers fan. And while the Tigers are an exceptional team right now, I think the Yanks might be able to turn things around by the end of the year. Perhaps leading to another Yanks-Tigers showdown.

NY Kat - Yup, Go Yankees!

Getflix - I'd like to say something bad about the Red Sox but they have a solid team. Grrrr, I'm so jealous of the Red Sox pitching staff! Hah.

Mish - First of all you are not a loser. Second of all, nice try. Sure, it must be Gisele's purse, in addition to the one she's holding in the first picture. Yeah, I'm sure she loves to go out with 12 different purses and have Brady hold on to one of them. (Seriously, does every woman have an automatic "delusional excuse" switch when it comes to super good-looking guys?)

And I don't know much about the Brady-Moynihan-Bundchen triangle but if you ask me Bridget Moynihan is hotter than Bundchen.

LA & Diane - What is it they say? Great minds think alike? Ayup.

Pix - Glad to see you around the blog 'hood again.

ffleur said...

Lets dissect this outfit shall we?

huge, honking, bright-white runners - tres tacky off the sports field

huge, honking, bright-white shorts. Just very ugly.

Very long black shirt? sweater? It doesn't match the shorts and shoes and looks like a short dress.

Tiny head with even tinier cap? Stoopid.

Ugly murse? At this point, why not? His outfit is already bad.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ooooh, right, he does have the man purse in the first picture. I didn't see it at first. Hum, ok. Moot point. He's a dork.

P.S. Bridget is totally hotter than Gisele. And if Tom left her while preggers, she's far better off.

0000 said...

hehe...murse...

and YES, GETFLIX, the mandal should be abolished from the face of the earth.

EditThis said...

lol - "murse." I've never heard that one before. I agree with you that a daypack or something might have been a better choice, though I'm a little concerned that you put so much thought into accessorizing him.