Friday, May 04, 2007

Even More NBA Playoffs!

If anyone cares (and most of you will not), in the previous post I recap my first round predictions and the actual results. I also explain why I didn't update my first playoff post, which I will cut and paste below:

I was supposed to update my previous (and first) NBA Playoffs post but I thought I would spare everyone ration out my wondrous bball wisdom. The real reason is that I was lame and went with the lazy pick of the Mavs over the Warriors (the Bay Area team!) and then quickly (okay, okay, midway through the series, but after I actually watched a game) jumped upon the Golden State bandwagon. So why did I not post anything on this? Because if I had I would have jinxed the Warriors into losing the series. Some may call this a bit superstitious, we sports fans call it hard science.

So to recap, GO WARRIORS!!!! Whoooooo!!!!

Also, I want to post my 2nd Round predictions so that I can pat myself on the back when they, no doubt, come true.

Eastern Conference:

#5 Chicago vs #1 Detroit (Chicago in 6)

Everyone and their grandma is probably going to pick the Detroit Pistons. And while the Pistons are a solid team, it is the Baby Bulls that are going to be victorious. The Bulls have a great complete team (as does Detroit) and they have a solid interior defense thanks to acquiring Ben Wallace (which Detroit is now lacking). This series can easily go 7, and since Detroit has home court I'd say the Bulls have a 50/50 chance at winning it on the road. Therefore they'll take care of business in 6. This seems like it will be a very interesting matchup.

#6 New Jersey vs #2 Cleveland (New Jersey in 6)

I hate to go against Bron-Bron, but it seems this is not his year. The team just isn't gelling around him, more their fault (or the GM's), and he's also playing a bit injured. On the other hand, New Jersey is clicking on all cylinders and playing great. I still think King James will keep things close, but the Nets should emerge victorious, only to lose in the next round.


Western Conference:

#3 San Antonio vs #2 Phoenix (San Antonio in 6)

This could easily be the West Finals. Going into the playoffs San Antonio seemed to be playing the best, in my opinion. I still think so (but with Chicago and Golden State right there behind them). Phoenix does have a major inside presence (Amare Stoudemire) which they lacked last year when Amare was injured. I'm unsure how big of an impact Amare will be, and he could easily shift momentum to the Suns. But I'll stick with the impressive Spurs' defense and playoff experience.

#8 Golden State vs #? (Golden State in 6)

The Warriors are playing exciting, team basketball. It is really something special to see. Baron Davis is controlling the tempo and getting to anyplace on the court he wishes. The Warriors play a very constricting defense which forces many turnovers, which leads to their wonderful fast break points. Whether they play Houston or Utah, they are going to win and make it to the West Finals. GO WARRIORS!!

4 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Um, totally. Go... Warriors, was it?? Yes, go Warriors.

NY KAT said...

I like going to watch NBA games, but it's just not the same on TV.

sage said...

Okay, I know, I'm one of the ones who really doesn't care, but I'm still pulling for Detroit

Diane said...

I, too, am having a hard time really getting into the NBA playoffs. Yesterday I have to admit I turned off the NBA once I had the choice of PGA and Angels baseball (God, I hate AJ Pierzinski)