Sunday, May 20, 2007

NBA Playoff Picks

I know no one cares, but I must make my picks before the Conference Finals begin. My second round predictions turned out quite bad. Out of 4 series, I picked 1 correct winner. So let's not dwell on the second round and move on to my next predictions which shall be magnanimous! Yes, that makes little sense.

Western Conference Finals:

This one is truly difficult as the Spurs are playing exceptionally well and look to continue their reign (1999, 2003, 2005) with another championship. However, I really like Utah. They are the younger team and playing with a cohesive passion that will make them very tough to beat. The smart pick would be the Spurs as they have home court advantage and are the (way) more experienced team. However it is difficult for me not to characterize their win over the Suns as tainted after the suspension incident. So I'm going with the Utah Jazz in 6.


Eastern Conference Finals:

This one is easy (sorry Yllwdaisies). Cleveland has King James, but that's about all they have. Detroit has a well-oiled basketball machine running on all cylinders. If BronBron shows up, he might win the Cavs a game or two. The Detroit Pistons in 5.

2 comments:

sage said...

when I lived in Utah--I followed the Jazz a lot closer than I now follow the Pistons living in Michigan (and I'm only 150 miles from Detroit and I was 250 miles from Salt Lake). Go figure, it would be nice to see a Piston/Jazz game.

Like a lot of things in Utah, The Utah Jazz just seems out of place. In living there over a decade, I never heard any good jazz--i know they came from NOLA--but maybe they should have changed their names to the Polyagmists or the Danites... (I can say that now I no longer live there).

Go Pistons!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes, V.

I would throw my support behind one of these teams, but I'm still all about hockey at this point. It's a sad state of affairs when I'm forced to root for the Senators. Still, it's the Canadian way. If your team doesn't make the playoffs, you immediately start cheering for the closest team north of the 49th.

I hope your basketball team wins, V!