Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Go Yankees!

It's the Baseball Playoffs, aka the only time to watch baseball. Hah. I'm just joking. Okay maybe not. Anyway I'm rooting for the Yankees like I have since junior high. I'm no bandwagon Bob, buddy. I was there during the Mattingly years when crazy, ol' Steinbrenner made him shave those sideburns. Hey George!? Would you like to see some real sideburns? Give me a week and I'll have muttonchops as thick as shag carpeting. Hmm, that actually sounds very sexy. And like Puff Padre says, I must preserve my sexy. Yes ladies, I am available.

Anyway, even though I am a Bay Area native I was born in Queens and lived there for a year. Whatever, that's enough for me to claim the Yankees in junior high. And I haven't looked back. Seriously, who would. I mean we have the Jeter and a gazillion dollar payroll. It ain't fair.

If you're following the playoffs, drop me your predictions. I'm going with the Yankees and Twins in the AL (though Oaktown will be tough now that they stole one from Johan). And with the Cards and Dodgers in the NL.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

I think my husband might hate you for that title. He's a tiger's fan, born and bred.

And I have mad love for Magglio's babyface.

Anonymous said...

Bah, hockey season starts tonight. That's where its at. Blood, guts, fights and penelties. Go Leafs go! (But realistically, Go Team that is better than the Leafs, Go.)

Anonymous said...

Stay out of Michigan V!!! As a born and bred Southerner, I was a Card and Braves fan until I moved to Pittsburgh for school and became a diehard Pirate fan (a real test in humility). But now that Leland is with the Tigers, I've been cheering for them all year!

sage
www.sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com