Sunday, October 08, 2006

v Knows Baseball!

Do I know baseball or what?

I picked the Yankees and the Tigers swept them in 4 games (Game 1 was just the exception that proved the rule: pitching, picthing, pitching).

I picked the Twins and the A's swept them.

I picked the Dodgers and the Mets swept them.

I picked the Cards and that was only because they won Game 1 before I posted my predictions. Otherwise I would have probably gone with the Padres, who are currently down 2 games to 1.

Anyway, this proves it. I know my baseball.

And I must discuss the news that George Steinbrenner will fire Joe Torre and bring in Lou Pinella. This isn't Joe Torre's fault Steiny, its your fault for thinking you can just spend your way to the World Series. When the Yankees won they had great pitching. Yeah, every baseball team needs great hitters, but as we've seen time and time again ... postseason success is predicated on great pitching. There's another trend the Yankees should be aware of. The more Steinbrenner gets involved, the farther the World Series seems to get.

4 comments:

sage said...

Sorry about your Yankees, but here in Michigan, we're all pretty happy, even if 1/2 of the state is disappointed over the MI/MSU game yesterday.

Anonymous said...

The Cards have enough ex-Angels to keep me happy, so I'm rooting for them! Go St. Louis!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Give me your picks for next season, and I'll make a sizable wager for the opposite team. My bookie won't know what hit him!

Do you follow hockey?

v said...

Sage - Yeah dem Tigers really look good. Great pitching and some solid hitting. Detroit vs Oakland seems like a stellar series.

Diane - This probably means the Cards will win but I think they

Mishster - Umm, I hate to be an ugly Californian, but hockey?!? Lol. I actually know most of the teams and who the top players are but I can't say I follow it. Umm, if you post about hockey then I'll read these posts and then I'll learn about hockey. Maybe. Lol. Umm, go Maple Leafs!?