Sunday, October 01, 2006

Recommendations

I'm not a major horror fan, but as a huge "The X-Files" fan I thoroughly enjoy creepy stories told with style, intelligence, and suspense. I'm also lucky enough to have a local PBS station that broadcasts excellent short films from around the world. One such short, THE TEN STEPS, tells a creepy, suspenseful story. If anyone is curious you can watch it over at AtomFilms, it's about 10 minutes.

Also, I've been recently listening to "Hands Clean" by Alanis Morissette. I think it's a few years old but since I'm an old dude who doesn't keep up with music, it's new to me. I must say I'm a fan of the Alanis. I'm not that familiar with her songs but I believe she writes most of them herself and I find them original (for pop songs) and I must say she has a singular, melodic voice. Anyway, check it out on YouTube if you'd like.

3 comments:

anne said...

Oh great, thanks. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight...and I'm never going down into my basement again. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love Alanis, but I can't listen to her anymore since I overdosed on her Jagged Little Pill album in grade 7. It was all the rage back in '95!

PixieGaf said...

V I loved that short film! It gave me goosebumps to think what might be lurking in the basement.

I am with Mishy on Alanis, good songwriter but way overexposed.