Thursday, September 28, 2006

TV Corner

Anyone see "Heroes" on NBC? I caught the second half of it and I'll catch the first half on either the sci-fi network or as an NBC rerun. But I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be some silly, half-assed teen soap with superheroes. Though even teen soaps with superheroes are sometimes decent (okay, I used to watch "Smallville" --- it was pretty good for the seasons I watched --- don't judge me! lol). Anyway, "Hereos" is actually a steady, intriguing drama with some real suspense and intelligence. The story isn't completely far fetched and it is building nicely. Of course, I've only seen the second half of the first episode, but I think the show definitely has potential. Anyway, I'll return to it after I have seen a few more episodes. If anyone else caught it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also, I saw the second episode of "Studio 60" and I must say it wasn't bad. But the ending "skit" was not funny. Though I must admit the episode got a few laughs from me before then. I'm still interested in the depiction of the network bosses and so far it has been intriguing. But I'm thinking the show will stop short of true veracity. But, it has only been two episodes, so there is a good chance I could be wrong.

1 comment:

PixieGaf said...

I managed to catch the last part of Heros on the Sci-Fi channel and I was pleasently suprised! It had so many dramatic twists and turns I am now hooked on it! I can't wait to see the second episode tonight.