Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Things that annoy me:

1. Jared from Subway.

Look man, I'm glad you lost a gazillion pounds by eating subways sandwiches. And I'm glad you like to eat sammmaches (lol, I stole this from South Park, though I'm not the biggest South Park fan). But let's get real. You were a gazillion pounds man. Just cutting out meals 25 through 100 would have slimmed you down from ginormousity.

2. Zach Braff

I like Scrubs. Well, sometimes the jump cut from silly fart joke to morbid introspection doesn't always work for me --- sometimes I just don't buy it, but whatever. Anyway, this guy is leaving Scrubs to focus on films. That's all fine and dandy, but he's also going to focus on making films because if you haven't heard, GARDEN STATE was "a big, life-affirming, state-of-the-union address for twentysomethings." That's of course a quote from Zach Braff himself. I guess we should thank him for informing us of this, just in case we watch his film and not come to the same conclusion. I think we also could go without the Braff complaining about gossip and being the male Paris Hilton on Letterman. You are the male Paris Hilton you pudgy nitwit. Anyway I hate this guy. Luckily I'm not alone, Slate's Josh Levin speaks the truth.

4. Howard Stern

I've disliked Stern for a long time because let's see, he's base, slimy, and a hypocrite. Anyway this turd might be back to the radio airwaves because satellite radio hasn't been all that successful for him or his employer. A NY Post writer broke the story then had to give up his reporting duties for the rag when Stern had a hissyfit over it. Radar has the scoop. And this just in, Radar is back and as sharp as ever. Welcome back Radar Magazine!

5. That I have a belly

I'm working on this though. But I still can't get over how I was actually in decent shape only to get lazy and now I have to work my way back. It's funny but I thought I'd be able to return to a nice flat belly in a month or so. I've been working out about 4 days a week for 3 weeks and lost 3 lbs. From a trusted nutrition/exercise website I've read that at best someone who is technically overweight can shed 2 lbs a week. But that entails cardio 6 or 7 times a week and at least 3 days of weights. I'm doing 4 days of cardio and 2 days of weights. I still need to lose like 6 or 7 lbs so I guess it will be another 6 or 7 weeks until the belly returns to being fit and trim. Sorry folks, but I'm not confident enough to post pictures of my current belly status. Maybe I'll post pics of the trim belly, but that will just make me sad and ball up in the fetal position and cry. Lol. I'm so gay. That or a teenage girl. Whatever. If anyone else is shedding some lbs or getting back in shape, hope things are going well for you.

8 comments:

PixieGaf said...

Jared annoys me as well. I think I would feel sorry for him if it weren't for all the money he gets by pimping his soul out to Subway.

Zach Braff is just blah, there is nothing special about him.

Howard Stern is always annoying and egocentric. I hope he does us all a favor and loses his voice.

As for the weight well, things haven't gone as planned. It started off very good. I was working out everyday and watching what I ate and I managed to lose 10 pounds in about a month. Things were going so good that I thought I would treat myself to a night of drinking with my friends. One night of heavy drinking turned into two nights and well its so hard to get yourself on the treadmill once you have slacked off a few days. But anyways as of now I have gained back 5 pounds. I have started exercising again but its going to take me a while to lose the weight I had originally lost. I always manage to sabotage myself in one way or another.

Anonymous said...

There is a subway near my workplace and the smell of the bread baking - well its just wonderful. Unfortch their bread doesn't taste anywhere near as good as it smells.

Zach Braff reminds me of John Ritter. And not in a good way but in that smarmy, stupid Three's Company way.

Have never listened to Howard Stern on radio. Only ever heard his rants on Letterman. I do like his hair. I think I once had a perm just like it.

Anonymous said...

I try not to let other folks annoy me, but I can only do it by avoiding Stern at all cost...

As for bellies and losing weight, I battle that all the time and work out regularly (4-5x a week)and I still don't lose weight. I once lost weight--a lot of weight--but spent the summer hiking 15 plus miles a day with a backpack. I lost weight and was able to feast on M&Ms!

www.sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com

Jay said...

I'm with ya on 3 out of 4 here. Jared, Howard Stern, and your belly all bother me. But I'm a fan of the Braff -- and Garden State.

As for your belly, try the Abs Diet. It sounds like a fad thing, but it's really just common sense wrapped up in a nice little package. I'm down close to 30 pounds after seven weeks!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I was truly very surprised that the Jared campaign lasted as long as it did. I don't think I heard one person say that he didn't annoy the hell out of them.

As for Zach Braff, well, I gotta say that he won me over on Scrubs. However, I did watch Garden State and I wasn't a fan. And as for being the male Paris Hilton, I can see that. He was a moron for dumping Mandy Moore (who is totally cute and totally out of Zach's league).

I've never heard a Howard Stern show nor watched him on anything on television. I do have an overwhelming urge to cut off his hair though.

And as for your belly, well I have a little one too, and I like mine. I've named him Toby. Good luck on all your exercise. Its 100% more exercise than I currently do.

Anonymous said...

Zach annoys me in everything outside of Scrubs. So, I think he's making a huge career mistake.

pelegrim said...

Jared from the subway commericals has the kind of face you like to punch. If I every see him in person, I'm punching it.

Virenda said...

Jared irritates me. Howard sickens me. Zach is whatever...

On the weight thing though. I feel ya. I do 45-60 minutes of Cardio 6 days a week, and a personal trainer 3 days a week (weights), and I lost 3 lbs in one month. I'm also on a high protein diet. My life is boring and painful and apparently it's a life style.

I have lost inches around my body. My trainer constantly tells me that because I'm a healthy weight, things are going to go slow.

S.L.O.W!!! Wish I could help you out but there's not much you can do to make it quicker.

You could do a lot of coke...