Friday, September 01, 2006

More YouTube

Like every music video is on this place. And if not, some clever 12 year old has edited clips from a video game to the song you're looking for. (By the by, the song is "Reno Dakota" by The Magnetic Fields)

I just heard of Camera Obscura on NPR. They're a band from Glasgow with a unique sound. According to the interview a common theme in their songs is an upbeat tempo intertwined with "less than upbeat" lyrics. Anyway check out "Lloyd I'm Ready to be Heartbroken". It's a great song and the video kicks some ass as well.

And who doesn't like the Magnetic Fields? Marse is a big fan. And I've heard nothing but good stuff. I must say I'm becoming a bigger fan the more songs I listen to. Anyway, someone (I'm guessing a 14 year old in Taiwan or Belarus) put a 3D animation of the formation of a magnetised Galaxy Cluster to the tune of "No One Will Ever Love You" by The Magnetic Fields.

3 comments:

PixieGaf said...

I like Camera Obscura they are a cool band.

Marcia said...

Seriously - I listened to Reno Dakota every day for at least a month.

My coworkers thought I was crazy, but you've got to do what you've got to do when you live in Cube Land.

v said...

Pixster - Yeah, I just learned about Camera Obscura the other day and they're awesome. I can't wait to hear more of their music.

Marse - Dude, what do you think of "No One Will Ever Love You" by the Magnetic Fields? I just heard it for the first time yesterday and it's my new most favoritest song.