Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Getting Old

So it doesn't help that I'm 27 and I still go to a 4 year college. It's a long story people ... that has to do with film studies and mental health and the x-files. It all comes back to the x-files --- remember that people. Anyway, so I frequent a campus with other students who technically could be 10 years younger than me. 10 friggin' years people! It's been a week of school so far and I already feel like the old man I am thanks to the newest in ladies fashion.

Okay, who decided we needed to revist the '80's? I mean some of the outfits are cute, but none of them are sharp and sexy. I'm sorry the '80s weren't sexy. They were about 99 Luft Ballons, snorting cocaine, and ALF. And now with the '80s back, does every single girl have to wear horizontal stripes? And don't get me started on leggings. I now have another reason to hate the Lohan. Does everyone wear leggings because of Lohan? That's just sad. I'm sorry. It is. And while I'm happy the low cut jeans are now gone, frankly the wrong people were wearing them (and I see enough belly in the mirror and mine has hair on it), does it have to progress to triangle leg, acid wash? One thing I will give props too are those high, wide belt/girdles. They make for a very nice figure.

And the boys, oh man, how can extra baggy still be in? It can't. I was cool when it ended. No more super baggy please. Or whatever, like I care.

In other news, apparently I am a 13 year old girl trapped in an old man's body. I've come to this conclusion because I've been listening to The Fray's "How to Save a Life" nonstop. It has a catchy tune and I even think the lyrics are decent. I first caught it on a rerun of "Scrubs" the other day. Then I heard it as promo music for the "Grey's Anatomy" premiere. And then when I searched for the music video on YouTube (my new most favoritest website) I found several "One Tree Hill" vids that clever 13 year olds have edited together with The Fray's "How to Save a Life". So I like crappy music. I also like The Dixie Chicks. Don't judge me! Here's a link to their "Not Ready to Make Nice" video.

And just to prove I'm spending too much time on YouTube and that 13 year old girls go crazy for "How to Save a Life" here's a vid of 3 girls and their "intrepretive dance" to the song. Be warned, I lasted like 30 seconds. (If you do click, check the comments, people are vicious, lol)

And more proof of my YouTube obsession. Here's a 17 year old boy who was born in Israel and came to the US 4 years ago. He does a kick-ass cover of "Not Ready to Make Nice".

4 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm with you on the 80's re-vamp. I don't get it. It's not sexy. And, as you know, I'm all about getting my sexy on. Those 80's chicks did NOT show off their sternums. Which was loser of them.

anne said...

I can hardly stand the new fashion trends. Fortunately, I am just old enough to absolutely have to avoid them.

Love X-files...and Scrubs. :)

PixieGaf said...

OMG I am right with you on the 80's fashion V, it sucks. Its a little too juvinile for my taste.

I don't think at 27 you are too old for college but I can see why you feel more mature than most of the students. I had this 17 year old in one of my study groups for a statistic class, he was one of those smart guys who graduated school early and was really smart but damn was he immature and annoying. I felt like his mother half the time telling him to shut up and work.

Oh and that guy singing the Dixie chicks song is amazing. Damn I just wish I could see his face.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

First, the styles these days are terrible. TERRIBLE. I'm 23, but I hate the crap that stores are carrying now. Go figure that I would prefer to leave a little something to the imagination. Showing half of my ass off to the free world is not my idea of sexy.

Second, you do realize that if you're 27 on a college campus, you are considered an "older man" which could totally work to your advantage. You just gotta play your cards right.

Finally, youtube rocks. And I love love love that song by The Fray. If you go to their myspace site (http://www.myspace.com/thefrayforum) you can listen to a bunch of their songs. Confession time: The promo for Grey's with this song makes me somewhat weepy. Sounds like we're both 13 year old girls.