Tuesday, September 05, 2006

commenting problems

I wrote in my beta blogger madness post that yall non-beta bloggers should have no problem commenting. I was wrong. My sincerest apologies.

However you can still comment but you'll have to use the "other" feature (or comment anonymously if you like) and enter in a name and (optionally) a blog link.

As far as Beta Blogger, I'd recommend waiting until more people have switched so that you don't have to deal with this beta/non-beta commenting schism. Beta is not too shabby however. You have access to more templates (I think) and the ability to have labels on your posts. There's also a customize template feature which allows you to add lists and other things to your sidebar (as well as a top and bottom bar) without editing the html (though by now most of us are pretty adept at editing template html).

Have a sold you on Beta Blogger? Lol, stupid Google/Blogger. Grrrrr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude, I'm ain't sold. Every time I open up the comments that thing comes up saying "This page contains secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" Do you know why? Does anyone else get that or is it just me?

I will, however, revisit the issue in a few months if a bunch of people switch. Then I'll jump on the bandwagon just like I do with sports teams in the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

mmm-mishy,
That's common. I've gotten that in Yahoo mail sometimes, when I check it from someone else's computer.

I do think I'm staying w/ the old blogger version. Maybe it's just cause I'm a traditionalist like dat.

Anonymous said...

i tried to post here the other day and couldn't. let's see if I can post anonymously... Don't think I'm brave enough to try beta blogger. -sage

www.sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com

Jay said...

I had posting troubles as well. I try to stay away from beta testing (except games) to avoid that lab rat feeling.