Saturday, September 09, 2006

I think it might be fake ....

As you know by now I'm a big fan of Slate.com. However, I used to despise their advice column because the columnist gave fartingly incompetent advice. I think she now runs the advice column for Yahoo! Anyway, since the old columnist left, Slate's advice column has been superb thanks to Emily Yoffe (who took over). Yoffe doles out wise and practical advice, sprinkled with humor ever now and again.

Well, this brings me to this week's advice column in Slate. The first letter is a doozy. Here's the sub title for the week: "I love her, but she doesn't know I killed her father." It's an interesting (for lack of a better term) read and Yoffe gives solid advice. However, I think it just might be fake. What do you think? I mean how creepy is this guy to strike up a relationship with his childhood neighbor after what he did?!?!? And I'm not saying creepy freaks like this don't exist, but would such a creep actually send in a letter? Maybe I'm just upset this freak reads Slate, lol.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

"My corn throwing caused the death of my future beloved's father?"

Give me a break - someone was having fun when they made that one up!

Anonymous said...

"Fartingly incompetent advice"

now THAT is steal-worthy.

good turn of phrase there V. *clap*

well done!!!!

(I'm serious!)