Saturday, September 23, 2006

I was wrong

I understand many of us from the TV generation have a love/hate relationship with the boob tube. But we do feel as though we are experts on the subject since we've spent a good deal of time with it. I'm clearly no different. So when ABC stated they would move "Grey's Anatomy" to 9pm on Thursday, pitting it mano-a-mano with the ratings juggarnaut that is the original "CSI", I felt (as an expert) that I should opine on the matter. And what was my "expert" opinion? Basically that while GA is a solid show, it probably doesn't have enough male viewers to compete with CSI. Well, I was wrong. In their first match-up of the new tv season, GA not only was able to compete but brought in 3 million more viewers than CSI. And GA killed in the 18-49 demo which is what the networks really care about.

There's no gender breakdown of the ratings and while I'm pretty sure more women and gays watch the program than men, there must be a significant male viewership for the show pull in these big ratings numbers.

Anyway, I was wrong. Sorry about that GA and congrats on the ratings win. I wonder if the season premiere of LOST does as well? I would like it to, but it has been losing viewers so I highly doubt it will pull similar numbers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both shows, however, if I had to choose, Grey's would beat CSI everytime. CSI is getting a little old for my liking. Actually, I'm distancing myself from all CSI's.

Las Vegas is still strong, but boring.

Miami is killing me having to watch David Caruso each week. I could take it at first, but now? Someone PLEASE get this dude off my tv.

New York sucked ass from the beginning and I'm surprised its still going.

Marcia said...

I don't get Gray's. I kind of hate Sandra Oh.

And I secretly watch CSI on Spike while my husband is at work. SHHH. Don't tell.

Leigh said...

I've never been a crazy CSI fan, but I'm loving the reruns. As for Grey's, I admit it. I'm slightly obsessed. However, I'm with Marcia re Sandra Oh--she is Extremely annoying. Someone needs to give that woman a real personality.

Anonymous said...

I like Sandra Oh's character; I also like that she became an actress even though she didn't have any support from fam, & always brings her parents to the awards shows.

I'm one of the 3 mill who had Grey's on while doing a million things, but I have it on tape so I can watch it this weekend.