Sunday, September 03, 2006

sonofa

So I login to blogger and see a message about blogger beta. I read a little about the beta, mainly that there are new features (customize templates, label posts, etc). New features you say?!? Sign me up! I'm brave enough to be a trend starter!

So it takes a few minutes but "they" move my blog to beta. I'm checking out some of the new features and things are going well. I make some minor changes and then decide to check out what the blog buddies are up to.

And that's when it hits me. Either blogger simply didn't mention it in their summary about beta or I simply glossed over it, but beta bloggers aren't signed in when they comment on non-beta blogs. So if I want to comment on one of your fabulous blogs I have to use the "other" button and enter my a name and blog link. Now I don't really mind this, well I do, but I can easily type two lines every time I have to comment. Well it is annoying, but I really don't have a choice. Stupid blogger.

By the by, you super fabulous non-beta bloggers should have no problems commenting on my (beta) blog. If you do, please leave a comment about it (if you can) or email me at (vitalfilm @ gmail). Thanks.

Well, I hope they turn this beta public soon enough so things return to normal.

9 comments:

Marcia said...

voila. A comment.

v said...

See, the lovely Marcia commented with no problems. But, in case anyone does run into problems commenting, either comment about it (if you can, lol) or email me. Thanks again!

PixieGaf said...

I like the new template V.

v said...

Thanks Pix!

PS - Because of the beta/non-beta dissonance, I won't be able to comment on your blog Pix because you don't allow the "other" and "anonymous" commenting features. Hopefully blogger will fix this soon enough and I can once again comment on your blog.

Anonymous said...

a-ha!

NOW I know why I haven't been able to comment on a few fellow-bloggers blogs.

Damn Beta!

Anonymous said...

Alright, lets see if this one works.

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, I just have to use the "other" option. Thank god I figured it out, I was starting to question my intelligence.

v said...

Yeah, this beta vs non-beta crap needs to go. I blame stupid blogger. Grrrrrrrrrr. ;x

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment, & it said there was a prob. And I lost my comment, & it was super-duper long. So, I’ll try to remember what I wrote (literally 2 mins ago).

I think you’re really brave for going to blogger-beta. I was too chicken, b/c they said that once you go beta, you never go back. Do you know if that’s true, or a myth?

And w/ the whole ‘having to fill in your name & site addy’; I think you can adjust that to auto-complete since you use FireFox. Go to ‘Tools’, ‘Options’, ‘Privacy’ icon, ‘Saved Forms’ tab, & click that. Then you won’t have to re-type your stuff everytime.