Friday, September 22, 2006

Thursday TV Rundown

"My Name is Earl" was funny as usual, but "The Office" was beyond hysterical. "The Office" episode revolved around the accidental outing of a gay employee and the hilarity that ensued. Seriously people, you need to watch this show. And I'm sorry but I'm a little tired of Jim and Pam now. How long are they seriously going to drag this out for? Though Jim's new workplace was pretty funny. Who else caught the Ed Helms sighting?

Also, if you can't get enough of "The Office" --- check out Slate's article on 4 international versions (the original British, the US, the French, and the German). It's an interesting read.

I watched "Grey's Anatomy" and as much as I want to cut it down to size, I have admit it was pretty good. Well except for the 1 billionth time the hospital had incoming patients with freaky medical problems --- this time it was the plague. Anyway, the rest of the program was skillfully done. The flashbacks were poignant, especially theAddison/Derek flashback which was then cleverly juxtaposed with Derek's present enlightenment (if not epiphiny). But if Squeaky McSlutty (I kid, I kid) doesn't hop on board the Derek train, I'm going to have a hard time buying it. Man, I can't believe I'm talking about GA like this. I'm totally gay. Or a 13 year-old girl.

I also watched "Shark". It was pretty decent and I'll probably watch it again but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to those that were not already curious about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen Rick Gervase (sp?) interviewed about the British "The Office". The guy is hysterically funny. I'd love to see the British version.

Lately I've seen very little TV. I missed the season premier of Gray's Anatomy. But it sounds (from Mishy's comments elsewhere) that CTV managed to screw up the episode order and will replay it next week. Woot! I can catch it then.

Anonymous said...

That's right Ffleur. CTV showed the second episode of the season instead of the premiere. Oops. But I've now seen both, and I do have to say that the next one is much funnier and just better.

Marcia said...

I absolutely LOVE the Office.

My favorite TiVo remembers to record it for me even when I forget to watch it.

And Matt? Not-so-secretly in love with Pam. But I'm OK with it.

PixieGaf said...

OMG I love The Office! Steve Carell is a genius and his sidekick Dwight is hysterical. I nearly peed my pants watching last weeks episode.

Unknown said...

The British Office is the only office. Even a brief acquantince with English slang reveals how many layers of jokes are in it. The American version is just not on the same level. Funny - but nowwhere close to the original. And check out Ricky Gervais's podcasts.

Shark sucks. I love James Woods. I wanted to like this show. But it rips off the House template except it changes stuff that didn't need to be changed and left the stuff we've all seen before.

Will someone please give James Woods a seriously evil role that he can sink his teeth into? PLEASE!