Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Remember to Vote!

Just a reminder to vote. Though I highly doubt anyone is going to read this post and go, "Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot to vote!" But if that does happen, I've done my job. Lol.

Anyway, if you're curious about polls check out Slate's Election Scorecard. Though polls are often incorrect. If I remember correctly, polls in 2004 were leaning towards Kerry.

And now something unrelated, except that it is also from Slate. Many guys like to say that they sleep around because it's in their genes. Well here's something that says women may have comparable genes. And, clearly coincidentally, this behavior doesn't work out so well for the males.

I, personally, feel gay-marriage is an equal-rights issue and should be allowed immediately. As well as marriage benefits and protections for any couple who has been living together for some time, and perhaps may have a family together. So I clearly think these Ban Gay-Marriage Amendments, like Virginia's (why are you red states so intolerent sometimes?), are wrong (I would say immoral). However, these amendments also have legal implications on domestic violence laws, adoption laws, and other issues dealing with unmarried couples. Slate's Dahlia Lithwick has a wonderful article on the subject.

4 comments:

Diane said...

good article on the gay marriage amendment. People - any time a judge rules against something you believe in doesn't make him or her an activist judge. And if a judge rules contrary to the will of the people, the legislature can nullify a ruling with a change in the law - it's called checks and balances

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Happy election day, Americans!

PixieGaf said...

Mishy I will only be happy if the Democrats take over.

Diane said...

pixie - me too . . . .I'm so nervous watching the election returns . . .