Thursday, November 02, 2006

Spot the Lie Meme

I'm not a big meme blogger but this one (which the lovely Princess in Galoshes tagged me with) is actually pretty fun and interesting. So here's the gist of it. Below will be 5 biographical statements, only 1 of them will be a lie. You'll have to guess which statement is the lie.

Now I'm a rather plain, boring guy so my version of the meme will be a bit vanilla. That's why I hope you check out others who have been tagged. AND. Rather than tag 5 bloggers I think everyone who comments should do the meme on their blog (as long as they have the time for it). Anyway here goes, guess which one is the lie:

1. I used to read scripts for Morgan Freeman's film development company.
2. My favorite sport (to play and watch) is basketball; I'm a major hoop-head. However, from age 9 to 12 I played in an open, community-based league and scored a total of 1 basket. That's 1 basket in 4 seasons of play.
3. Two years ago I went "part-time" at college and decided I would make a living playing poker.
4. I've been Han Solo, a Vulcan, and Agent Mulder for Halloween.
5. I have, to the best of my knowledge, never had an alcoholic beverage nor smoked tobacco, hash, weed, etc.

11 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm thinking number 4 is a lie. Although number 2 is throwing me off because you've posted a lot about baseball... Damn. Ok ok... Number 2, final answer.

Oh, and how does one go about reading scripts for a living? That sounds like a sweet job.

PixieGaf said...

Let’s see I know you are an X-Files fan so number 4 is probably true.

You also mentioned playing poker so number 3 is probably also true.

The only statement I am having trouble believing is number 5. You are a pretty liberal guy so I don't see why you would have any sort of moral qualms about drinking or smoking, at least I hope not.

sage said...

i think number 3 is the lie, but can't see how number 5 isn't a lie, but that's so outrageous that I'll stick to number 3.

v said...

Mish/Pix - I'm so glad both of you decided to do the meme as well.

Sage - We'll be waiting for your meme post good buddy.

Anyone else who comments - if you have the time, do the meme! DO IT!

Diane said...

can I guess on everyone's lists without doing my own? ok, I'll risk it . . . 5 is hard to believe, but you seem too level headed to switch from full time school to part time poker player . . . so I'm going to guess No. 3

anne said...

Man this is tough! I'm voting for number 3? Um, yes. Three. No, 2! Ah shucks. I'll have to do this one on my blog. What's hard is having people who actually know you that read these. It'll be tricky...

Princess in Galoshes said...

Number 5.

And if it is true... hooo, buddy, we need to get you a Guiness. Stat.

Prunella Jones said...

Hi, I just wandered over from Pixie's blog. I'm going to guess #5 since I can't imagine a life without wine. (hic)

Ryan said...

I really have no clue, but i have a feeling that it could be #5.

v said...

Diane (if you have the time), Anne, Prunella (welcome!), and Ryan ... I strongly urge you all to do the meme. It's major fun for you and your readers. DO IT!

PixieGaf said...

V don't leave us hanging! Which one is the lie.