Friday, February 24, 2006

Bloggy Book Club Update

The wonderrrrriffic Marcia of The Pink Shoe has a great book club post listing the novels she's currently devouring. Go ahead and check it out here:
http://mypinkshoe.blogspot.com/2006/02/what-am-i-reading.html

I'm still reading The Curious Incident... -- a fantastic book. But with school moving into full gear text books have priority.

The last book on Marcia's post is The Time Traveler's Wife. Marcia highly recommends it which is in line with everything I've either heard or read about the novel. Just the other day I had to order a text book from Amazon.com. In order to take advantage of the free shipping I decided to add two novels as well. One is a short story collection by Ernest Hemingway. The other is The Time Traveler's Wife.

Yes, I should probably complete one book before announcing which book I will read next ... but that's not how I roll. Oh yeah, I'll be checking out one of George Harrar's novels, The Spinning Man, as well.

4 comments:

sage said...

Good to see more reviews coming up! Savor Hemingway's short stories... Many of which I've read and re-read over the years. Last summer, we were up on Lake Superior and I took a canoe so I could paddle the "Two-Hearted River" made famous by him.

Virenda said...

Okay do y'all ever read some trashy novels? LOL ones that aren't on Oprah's book list? Cause if so, I can get into that.

Every since I started my blog, I have had less and less time to read, which means I need to find me a good book and put away the laotop. I love mysteries and pretty much anything, any suggestions?


(LOVE SF...)

Oh and I'd tell you to call me V, but seeing as how you took it, you can jusr call me Vi.

Marcia said...

Woah - DId you see teh "what classic literature are you? on Lam(b)???? I so can't wait to take that quiz, but the link is blocked by my work's content filter. Damn work. Wanting me to actually DO work. I'm SOOOO not a fan of that.

v said...

Thanks for the heads up Marry Mar! I'm so happy I did the quiz! This quiz rocks! We have to get everyone to do it!