Friday, February 03, 2006

Post of the Day

I don't know what to write about and that kind of sucks. Maybe I should go back to making fun of celebs but I was having trouble coming up with new stuff.

Does anyone watch THE WIRE or DEADWOOD on HBO? I don't have HBO but thanks to Netflix I can catch these HBO series on DVD. I've been a big THE WIRE fan ever since it started in 2003 or so. If you're looking for a gritty, realistic, insightful police procedural set in the tough inner-city of Baltimore ... then THE WIRE is for you.

If you're looking for a similar program on the Wild West of the late 1800s then check out DEADWOOD.

Anyway, this week is Fashion Week in NYC and I'm sure all the ladies and gays and metros are following it closely. Slate had some decent columns on it back in 2004 and 2003. As someone who needs some help in the attractibility (yes, that is not a word) department I like to think a little fashion can help out.

Now, I know I shouldn't be talking about women's fashion and you all can beat me up about this ... but I just have to say it. What's with exposing the midriff all over the place?!?!?!? I mean like every 3rd female on this planet is wearing an ensemble in which the midriff is slightly exposed. And it includes all types: tall, short, thin, pudgy, belly, six-pack, preggers, etc. And it includes all articles of clothing: shirts, blouses, sweaters, jackets, tank tops, etc. And one would think the weather would curb this trend, but it does not. Rain, sleet, or snow ... the midriff will be bared. I understand baring the midriff was all the rage 10 years ago when I was in high school but this fad has taken a life of its own. So women of the world, I implore you to ... kick back on the midriff baring and now that I have your attention ... how about a little more boobage baring. Thanks.

Next time: why low cut jeans aren't sexy. If I need to see some crack I'll call over the plumber or Whitney Houston.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

lol

I wasn't too sure about the no midriff thing until the end. You won me over with the boob for stomach trade. I fully back this movement.

Deadwood is awesome. Ian McShane is the greatest on that sjow

Marcia said...

v - I'm doing it for you. I wore and obscenely low cut shirt to work today... and I did not show off my midriff.

v said...

no pics? hah!

umm, I'd just like to add that I'm not anti-midriff but doesn't anyone else think this midriff baring has gotten a little out of control? I mean does every outfit have to be midriff baring?

maybe I'm complaining because the American male has now become desenitized to the midriff.

you know, I should probably stay away from commenting on female fashion.

v said...

oh yeah, watch Deadwood and The Wire! Maybe I should have a post on each show in the future.

0000 said...

I am freakishly long waisted and have gotten in trouble at work more than once...

I can't help it!! Every shirt is midriff bareing.

Life was hell at my strict middle school in that respect.