Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bringing the Truthiness!

Thanks to Lisa over at Lam(b) I was informed that the great Stephen Colbert addressed the White House Correspondent's Dinner. Thankfully I was able to find the speech on YouTube. I hear C-Span will be replaying it but I'd recommend just catching the greatness at your leisure over at YouTube. They have the video split up into 3 parts. Here are the links in sequence:

Colbert@WHDinner Part 1

Colbert@WHDinner Part 2

Colbert@WHDinner Part 3


And what everyone has been waiting for ... an NBA Playoffs rundown. Two games in the books today and two exceptional matches. First the Baby Bulls (I'm on the bandwagon) played one hell of a game to even up the series with the struggling Heat. Yes the Heat have the talent but, the way I see it, they're not playing well together and are definitely vulnerable (re: my earlier post). And the Suns vs the Lakeshow was a nail-bitter that went into overtime. The Lakers won on some big shots but Nash was totally fouled --- hello!?!?!?! Hah. I guess it can't be the playoffs in the refs aren't involved.

3 comments:

sage said...

Thanks for the heads up on Colbert. I'm going to have to watch him later. Scribe, over at Independent Christian Voice, has a summary of the event along with many of the jokes. See:

http://independentchristianvoice.com/2006/05/01/colbert-zings-president-press-bush-not-amused/#more-1229

It sounds as though Georgie Boy wasn't pleased

Unknown said...

Colbert is funny. Watching him bomb with all the right people is even funnier.

0000 said...

Hehehe...I can't wait to leave work so I can watch this.