Friday, April 07, 2006

Welcome to the Future

I don't believe in race. Let me elaborate. Race is a man-made system of categorization. We cannot scientifically measure race to any significant degree and as $200 DNA tests of your cheek cells will show most of us are multi-racial. In a few years we're all going to be Tiger Woods. Well, except we'll suck at golf.


Over in merry ol' England a special pair of fraternal twin sisters are about to turn one.
Born to multi or bi-racial parents, one of the sisters basically looks black and the other basically looks white. While it is a genetic rarity it is entirely possible and seems to have occurred with these two cute little girls.



I bet you Mother Nature and Gawd (if they are seperate people/entities/beings/whatever) are smiling brightly at the sight of this. For people on this planet to think that human beings are different because of the color of their skin is sad, and false, and wrongheaded. If they need more proof to the error of their thinking, I ask them to simply gaze upon the blonde and raven haired twin sisters and dare to think they are different races.

5 comments:

Marcia said...

how cute are those girls??? I want one!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I did not know about these twins.

Virenda said...

Beautiful little girls and a lovely post. I think you just redeemed yourself from the whole " I'd "do" Jordan" thing. ~wink~

I have two little girl (3 all together) one of whom looks VERY traditionally Hispanic with the thick strait black hair and the big dark almond eyes, caramel skin. She's beautiful but "ethnic", while my second is blonde, blue eyed and white/golden skin color, she also has super curly hair.

People always think they are from different dads, which they don't, and they are a year apart. I realized quit suddenly that race plays a big part, weather people think they are racist or not. It's something that as a mother hurts to see the partiality of people. I've grown a tough skin and my kids are still too young to really be aware of it, but one day they'll get it and that's what hurts the most.

This is a "sore" subject. As a white girl I get people who feel "safe" bashing or being "honest" about different races, not knowing yet that I am in fact married to a Hispanic man.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant-ful post. Love the picture and I plan on reading the article. Thanks.

0000 said...

Awww! I agree that God's like, "Yeah, everyone...chew on THAT!"

They should join the Eracists on Mad TV.

Yeah, Vi, I get people down her in Atlanta talking to me about "Black people this" and "Black people that" and inside I'm like, *COUGH* myboyfriend'sblack*COUGH*

With a mommy like you, your girls will grow up to be confident young women courageous enough to deal with people's stupid hangups! ;o)

Jay said...

2,000 years from now everyone will be green-skinned. I'm sure we'll still find something to divide us though.