Friday, April 14, 2006

Mentos and Diet Coke: The Geyser Maker

So I was listening to NPR yesterday and this tidbit comes on. Apparently this is all the rage with the young whipper-snappers. For some reason (if you listen to the piece they explain it but I've already forgotten but it has something to do with carbon dioxide and other sciencey stuff) when one combines Mentos and a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke a 12 foot geyser of coke is the result. Definitely check out the Google Video link, in fact I'll also link to it seperately.


NPR - Mentos and Diet Coke

Google Video by Joshua Wise

5 comments:

0000 said...

It's a Pop-Rocks and Coke urban legend for Generation WeDon'tHaveALetter.

0000 said...

Wow. I just watched the first bit of the video and that kid is in total Nerdgasm Mode. Hah!

That's a pretty violent reaction!

sage said...

Wow, interesting footage. I love the volcano--I can't think of anything better to do with a bottle of diet coke--I'd just have a sacrifice a package of mementos.

Virenda said...

Okay first off I have to say I LOVE the fact that they are making fun of Micro/apple. That makes me happy but only cause I think those guys (micro/apple) are a bunch of idiots.

Apparently are youth has far too much time on their hands, although it could be worse. I mean they could be "huffing".

Mentos, it's the fresh maker!

Marcia said...

I'm so going to do that. I'm such a dork.