Sunday, August 27, 2006

Conan! (and the emmys)

So I'm a big Conan O'Brien fan. I used to watch him religiously but now I'm an old man and I need my beauty sleep. Nonetheless, I'm still 100% with the Conester. I think his off-the-cuff comedy during interviews is beyond hilarious. And when he takes over for Leno in 2009 I'll prolly return to watching "The Tonight Show" (that, or I'll have a tivo/DVR and record every show). Anyway, NBC is hosting the Emmy Awards again and they've made the smart move or re-tapping the Cone-man for hosting duties. I think 2002 was the last time I actually watched the Emmys and it was because of the Conan. I think the Academy Awards are a craptastic popularity contest so you can easily deduce my opinion of the Emmys. Anyway, since I've been watching quite a bit more tv recently I'll probably be somewhat interested in who wins certain awards ... but let's face it, we're all going to watching Conan rock the room. Conan's been doing some press for the Emmys and here are two rather funny interviews:

conan o'brien interview at AV Club

conan o'brien interview at yahoo!tv


PS -- I'm going to have an emmy post up very soon.

3 comments:

sage said...

V, thanks again for enlightening me on what's going on in the TV world--I'd heard something about the Emmys being on, but haven't paid any attention. I have a few times--generally in hotel rooms when I'm tired and can't sleep--watched and laughed with conan o'brien (when what I really needed was something that would put me to sleep--that he doesn't do). Again, thanks.

sage said...

reading the reviews this morning, sounds like you nailed it--Conan was a hit.

v said...

Yeah, Conan was great. I especially enjoyed the opening montage and musical number.