Monday, August 28, 2006

A few thoughts on the Emmys

First off, what the hell was Simon Cowell wearing? I mean I'm a hairy guy but that open shirt/chest hair thing was beyond disturbing. Thanks Simon, you've now crushed my dream ... of having an erection before 2010.

Okay, Tony Shalhoub must be the most popular man in Hollywood to keep winning. I mean if it was his first win, then bypassing Steve Carell might be understandable. But this is like his 17th win in 19 nominations or something. I've seen the first few episodes of MONK. It's a decent show but it's no Dunder-Mifflin!?!?! Also, did yall check out Carell's wife Nancy Walls (also a former The Daily Show member) --- she was looking hot! They make a great couple.

At least Dunder-Mifflin won for Best Comedy Show. And it was good to see The Daily Show pick up another couple Emmys --- though no love for the Lord of Truthiness Stephen Colbert. Colbert's wife was hot too --- they also make a cute couple.

And I was glad to see My Name is Earl win some awards as well. Greg Garcia (writing) and Mark Buckland (directing) had the funniest acceptance speeches. I hear ya Greg, God took my hair too ... and that's just not cool.

Also glad to see Andre Braugher win. He was on one of the most edgy, smart, and compelling shows on television: Homicide: Life on the Streets. He was nominated twice for H:LOTS and one once. Simply a terrific actor.

I still think Will Arnett and Arrested Development got robbed, but maybe there aren't enough Emmy Awards to go around.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

2 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

The Colbert Report lost to Barry Manilow? I'm glad Kiefer won his Emmy (finally). And just because Prison Break wasn't nominated doesn't mean I didn't drown in Wentworth Miller's hotness when he presented some awards. Yum.

Oh and Grey's got shut out, but I think I can see that. And thank god Desperate Housewives wasnt nominated. That shit is getting old.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you there are not enough awards to go around. I think Tony Shaloub is brillant as Monk but I also think that Steve Carell is great at playing such an ass at Dunder Mifflin.

I think it has more to do with the voters preferences and the clips they submit as their best work than the actual talent of the actors.