Friday, August 25, 2006

OK Go

So first and foremost I'm a film and tv guy. I do love a good book and a good song, but they just don't take precedence. Especially music. In the car I listen to NPR and when I'm on public transit I'll crack open a book. This leaves very little time for music so it's no surprise I have no clue what all the kids are listening to. Which is totally cool with me because the kids are mostly dumb goofballs who probably listen to Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton and other crap. I mean the children are the future. Okay, since I know very little about the current music scene there's really no way I'm aware of the musicians that are actually churning out decent music. Unless of course I'm introduced to this good music through NPR or a film or tv. A couple years back, NPR introduced me to HEM. If you haven't heard their enchanting folk-lullabies, you are missing out.

Anyway, this brings me to a recent episode of the omniscient "The Colbert Report". (Yes, I'm british or whoever are the people who place periods outside of quotation marks when the sentence doesn't include quoting someone.) Earlier this week one of the bandmembers from OK Go came on "The Colbert Report" and discussed their elegant, beautific, and graceful dance videos. These YouTube vids are extremely popular and you'll see why. Plus the songs are pretty rad. (Yes, I'm a brit from the '80s.) So this is how I found out about some great new music.

OK Go - Treadmill vid - "Here It Goes Again"

OK Go - Dancing in the backyard vid - "A Million Ways"

PS - the videos are choreographed by the lanky guy's sister

5 comments:

Marcia said...

a) I also like following the British form of quotation - it makes so much more sense!

b) that treadmill video ROCKS my world.

v said...

Sorry Ffleur but I'm Californian through and through. Though I too (!) am an anglophile ... maybe anglophile-lite, I mean have ya seen british food? For the record I really have no clue what "british food" entails I just am aware it's a running joke that british food sucks.

Anyway, I especially like the British Mysteries on PBS. I'm pretty sure you Candadese get them too (!). Hmm, I wonder if you all get PBS too ... I mean those of you close to the border.

Well, check out Inspecter Lynley mysteries (the books or the television mini-series).

M-M-M-Mishy said...

That is the way I do my punctuation as well. At least, it is the way I try to do it. When I remember. Because most of the time I'm just happy to be making proper sentances.

Anyway, love Ok Go and I love the Colbert Report. Have you heard about the Hungarian bridge? Too funny.

(P.S. I threw in that "too" just for you, Ffleur!"

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh crap. That last sentance is a punctuation nightmare. HAHA.

You know what I meant. Remove the " and insert the ).

v said...

Seattle, Victoria ... both are very beautiful cities. You're very lucky Ffleur!

Yeah Mish, the Hungarian Bridge voting bit was hilarious. He got more votes than the population of Hungary, lol. Did you actually vote online for it? I was too lazy. And Mishster, you have great grammar. I'm sure all the other crime-fighting superheroes are jealous.